Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Beach Railway (March 14, 2008)



Brighton beach. When the opportunity for a one-day "field-trip" came up, I chose Brighton, since I had been interested in seeing the Pavilion and also the famous pier, which is visible as a kind of afterthought in the background of this image (mid-left third of the frame).

I love a nice, bright-overcast day for shooting in black and white. I also love a nice set of train tracks. I believe the train that runs on these rails is some kind of miniature affair that only runs along the beach/waterfront (I'm not sure what the correct term is).

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. It's a cliche for me, but I like these sorts of images for the same reasons I enjoyed Silent Hill so much. (mildly ironic given my otherwise complete lack of connection to Places.)

    ReplyDelete