Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Silver lining (August 30, 2010)



I've been out of commission for the past week or so due to moving house, and a delay in getting the Internet connection hooked up at the new place. I wanted to post something quickly now that I have everything sorted at home (including wireless--finally!).

I took this picture the other day from the bus window on Highway 407, on the #47 GO bus from Hamilton to York University. I love it when the clouds look like this--crystal clear with that perfect edge of light--and these ones have a lovely misty aura through which the sun shines as if through morning fog. You can also see the "rays" of light as they shine around the cloud and create lines against the darker blue of the sky. This looks even more dramatic since the clouds are dark grey, rather than white. A striking effect, as if the sun is exploding from behind the clouds (as in one of those old medieval woodcuts).

Pictures like this also remind me of a lovely Simon & Garfunkel song.

No comments:

Post a Comment