Monday, August 10, 2009

Blue Sky, Highway (March 6, 2007)



Taken on the GO Transit bus from Hamilton to York University (407 Highway), probably in the early morning.

I include this in a series of photos that was jokingly nick-named "Development!", and which I started shooting in 2002 on colour film (I'll post some of those eventually). There are now two sets of images belonging to that group, and the above is drawn from the second set (taken with my Cybershot). Both sets focused on the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), but the initial series was focused on "cookie-cutter" housing developments around Hamilton, Oakville and Burlington, while the follow-up set was shot along the 407 Highway that also passes through Missisauga, Brampton, and the northernmost part of Toronto.

The latter were inspired by my commute between Hamilton and North York (York University) during my Master's degree in 2006-2007. I usually took the bus three or four times a week, and after I bought a digital camera in October 2006, I started using it during the long (1h 45m) rides to and from campus.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment