Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Rubbish Bin (December 7, 2006)



Something endearingly Canadian: a garbage can at a bus stop near a Tim Hortons, packed with nothing but the special pre-Christmas/winter version of the ubiquitous Tim Horton's paper coffee cup. In Hamilton, no less. I find that Tim Hortons is one of the things I associate most strongly with Canada, since (unlike beavers, moose or Mounties) I tend to see Timmie's around, everywhere, on a more-or-less day-to-day basis. I even remember that my mother, coming over to visit one Christmas (from New Zealand), wanted first to be taken to Tim Hortons for a hot chocolate. The impressions sticks.

I'm heading to Hamilton for the day today, maybe I'll grab a medium-regular at Tim's on the way...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment