Thursday, December 3, 2009

Hey Song (December 12 (?), 2000)



Taken at the Chiang Kai Shek International Airport in Taipei, Taiwan. This was a relatively brief stop during which the plane was re-fueled after a 17-hour flight over the Pacific from Los Angeles. A number of people also left the plane at this point, while others boarded, on their way to Kuala Lumpur (as I was). The stop was, however, long enough that I got bored and took a picture of this vending machine, which looked rather foreign to me.

I remember that during the wait in this airport I sat opposite a Buddhist monk, who wore a woolen cap on his head as well as the requisite robes (it was of course still winter, since we had not yes crossed the equator into the southern hemisphere). Seeing a small Canadian flag pin on my backpack, the monk attempted to start a conversation with me--in French!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment