Saturday, December 19, 2009

Salt-Stain Sunset (February 28, 2007)



I was not usually bored during my long hours of commuting between Hamilton, Ontario, and York University (I did this for a year, while working on my Master's degree). I was lucky enough not to have a problem with reading on the bus; and, when that failed (or I was too tired or fed up, as was more likely the case), I had the new digital camera that I had purchased in October 2006, shortly after beginning my degree. With it I practised shooting pictures through the bus window, with varying degrees of success. This picture is one of a series I shot that day, using the effect of the salt encrusted on the bus window as a kind of filter. I liked the way the image became almost painterly, reminiscent of one of those Impressionist paintings of Paris during the first heights of the Industrial Revolution.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment