Friday, April 1, 2011

The Agenda (March 28, 2011)

This past Monday I had fun going to see a live broadcast of "The Agenda", a current affairs show produced and aired by Ontario's TVO. Ontario will hold a provincial election later this year, so the show has been broadcast from various locations around Ontario, with interviews and panel discussions with provincial politicians and local citizens.



NDP MPP and leader of the provincial NDP, Andrea Horwath (Hamilton Centre), prepares for her interview with Steve Paikin. I really enjoy taking pictures of politicians, as I'm sure some of you have noticed.



The two Teds: Ted McMeekin (centre, MPP for Ancaster-Dundas-Flamborough-Westdale, Liberal) and Ted Chudleigh (right, MPP for Halton, Progressive Conservative).



Liberal MPP Ted McMeekin receives a spot of make-up.



I quite liked this shot of everyone getting prepped for the show. Host Steve Paikin is fiddling with his jacket while Horwath seems to be composing herself for the camera.



I had a really great spot to the side and behind the panelists in the front row, so I was able to take some interesting pictures while most people's attention was diverted towards the centre of the room (and not at me and my camera).



Paikin gets ready to question the other two members of his panel.



A question and comment from an audience member who attended the workshop the day before, Agenda Camp. Hamilton Mayor Bob Bratina is in the lower right-hand corner here.



Meta-media: I take a photo of someone filming a Twitter feed. Marshall McLuhan, eat your heart out!



While one of the panelists responds to a question, Mr. Paikin looks slightly skeptical and re-scans his notes.



The decor in this room reminded me somewhat of the Chinoiserie in the Royal Pavilion at Brighton (see my past blog post on this for details).

Last note: you can watch this episode online on the TVO web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment